lunes, 17 de agosto de 2009

"You read the Bible?" "Not regularly."






(Escenísima)

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin', made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man, and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But, that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard, to be a Shepherd."
----------------------
"Hay un pasaje que me memoricé, Ezequiel 25:17. El camino del hombre recto está por todos lados rodeado por las injusticias de los egoístas y la tiranía de los hombres malos. Bendito sea aquel pastor que, en nombre de la caridad y de la buena voluntad, saque a los débiles del Valle de la Oscuridad. Porque es el autentico guardián de su hermano y el descubridor de los niños perdidos. ¡Y os aseguro que vendré a castigar con gran venganza y furiosa cólera a aquéllos que pretendan envenenar y destruir a mis hermanos! ¡Y tú sabrás que soy El Señor, cuando caiga mi venganza sobre ti!
Llevo años diciendo esta mierda, y si alguna vez lo escuchabas, significaba tu culo. No había pensado mucho en lo que significaba. Pensaba que era sólo una cosa de sangre fría que decirle a algún hijo de puta antes de reventarle una bala en el culo, pero esta mañana vi una mierda que me hizo pensar dos veces. Ahora se me ocurre: tal vez significa que vos sos el hombre malo, y yo soy el hombre recto, y que el señor 9 mm acá, es el pastor que protege mi recto culo en el valle de la oscuridad. O quizás es que vos sos el hombre recto, y yo soy el pastor, y es el mundo el que es injusto y egoísta. Me gustaría eso, pero esa mierda no es la verdad. La verdad es que vos sos el débil y yo soy la tiranía de los hombres malos. Pero lo estoy intentando, Ringo, estoy intentando con todas mis fuerzas, ser un Pastor."

1 comentario:

  1. "I don't find it ironic at all-Christians for the death penalty. 'Cause after all, if it weren't for capital punishment, we'd have no Easter. Fuck it, that's a three day weekend where I come from."

    ResponderEliminar